Welcome, cheese lover!
Hello my name is Annem, and I’m Blogger In Chief of this blog! I’m also the inventor of the world’s first ever Cheese Advent Calendar.
You can see how the original was made in the blog post, here!
Christmas 2016, I launched a campaign after creating 1 handmade prototype. The response was overwhelming with over 11,000 of you cheese lovers signing up to support me. Since then the community has continued to grow!
I’m THRILLED to say that in 2020 the Cheese Advent Calendar is BACK!
The Cheese Advent Calendar has reached goals I could only dream of! From outselling chocolate at major retailers, to continuing to retail in more and more countries each year. The response from fans – many of whom have followed since day one – has been phenomenal. I’m thrilled to launch a new and improved version of the Cheese Advent Calendar based on feedback from the loyal cheese-loving community!
This season’s mouth-watering selection includes five NEW cheeses including vintage, aged, PDO (protected designation of origin), Double Gloucester and even Sage Derby from the Ilchester cheese range:
- Applewood – A real English treasure, Applewood is made in the West Country from British cheddar and has a delicate smoky flavour and a lovely smooth texture, all finished with a dusting of paprika for good measure.
- Applewood Vintage PDO Aged for 12 months – This delicious cheese is made from traditional hand-turned farmhouse Cheddar. It has a predominant smoky flavour with an exquisitely smooth, rich creaminess that melts in the mouth. Creamy yellow in colour, finished with a sprinkling of paprika.
- Ilchester Derby with Sage – Derby is one of England’s oldest and most famous cheeses. Finely chopped sage was added to this wonderful cheese as early as the 17th century, as it was thought to carry health benefits.
- Ilchester Mature Cheddar – Ilchester’s Cheddar comes from the West Country, close to where Cheddar originated in the Mendip Hills. Take a bite and let the creaminess melt into your mouth, with its earthy tangy notes.
- Ilchester Vintage PDO Cheddar – Carefully matured, this cheddar is made in the West Country near the Mendip Hills. With a drier texture to standard cheddar due to the maturing process, there are sometimes crunchy calcium crystals.
- Ilchester Double Gloucester – This is a hard cheese with a savoury, mellow flavour. You may know it as the famous cheese that is rolled down Coopers Hill annually in May for the UK’s most extreme cheese race!
- Ilchester Red Leicester – Smooth and nutty! Add a splash of colour to your cheese board with this traditional English cheese, based on a classic Cheddar recipe.
- Ilchester Aged Red Leicester – This traditional English cheese has been carefully matured for a minimum of 9 months giving it a distinguishable smooth, tangy and nutty taste.
- Mexicana – This cheese combines a fiery mix of bell, jalapeño and chilli peppers, carefully blended with traditional British Cheddar and a secret mix of Mexican spices.
CLICK BELOW FOR A FULL LIST OF STOCKISTS!
To be the first to hear everything, pop your details in the form to join the newsletter and be the first to be notified on updates!
I’m also going to be sharing the entire journey on my Instagram page, where I’ll regularly be posting updates, answering questions, as well as sharing competitions and fun facts about the calendar! Be sure to give me a follow to ensure you keep up to speed.
AS FEATURED ON