Welcome, cheese lover!
Hello my name is Annem, and I’m Blogger In Chief of this blog! I’m also the inventor of the world’s first ever Cheese Advent Calendar.
You can see how the original was made in the blog post, here!
Christmas 2016, I launched a campaign after creating one handmade prototype. The response was overwhelming with over 11,000 of you cheese lovers signing up to support me. Since then the community has continued to grow!
I’m thrilled to announce that in 2022 the Cheese Advent Calendar is BACK!
It’s on sale from November in:
- UK: in Sainsbury’s, Lidl, Morrisons, Ocado, Booths and AmazonUK nationwide.
- USA: in Sam’s Club, Target, Supervalu, Sprouts, Schnucks, Meijer, Jewel, Kroger, Lidl and Publix.
- Canada: in Sobeys, Farm Boy, Safeway, Federated Co-op, Save on Foods, Loblaws, Longos, Denningers, Vincenzo’s and other smaller independents.
- New Zealand: Countdown, New World
- Sweden: ICA Maxi Supermarket
- Iceland: Kronan, Netto, Hagkaup
- France: Centre Leclerc
- REST OF EUROPE AND OTHER COUNTRIES: I’m sorry for some of the TBC information right now, but we’re working with distributors (down to the wire) and I’ll have more to confirm ASAP.
Keep your eyes peeled on this page for regular updates on further countries, retailers and other key information.
This year’s scrumptious selection:
- Ilchester Cheddar with Apple, Onion and Sage – A versatile and uniquely flavored British Cheddar, carefully blended for a well-rounded deliciously sweet Apple flavor, with scrumptious savory notes from the onion and aromatic sage. Pairs perfectly with turkey and cranberry sauce.
- Applewood – A real English treasure, Applewood is made in the West Country from British cheddar and has a delicate smoky flavor and a lovely smooth texture, with a sprinkling of paprika for good measure.
- Applewood Vintage PDO Aged for 12 months – This delicious cheese is made from traditional hand-turned British Farmhouse Cheddar. It has a delicate smoky flavor with an exquisitely smooth, rich creaminess that melts in the mouth. Creamy yellow in color, with a sprinkling of paprika.
- Ilchester Mature Cheddar – Ilchester’s Cheddar is made in the West Country, close to where Cheddar originated in the Mendip Hills. Take a bite and let the creaminess melt into your mouth, with its earthy tangy notes.
- Ilchester Vintage PDO Cheddar – Carefully matured, this cheddar is made in the West Country near the Mendip Hills. With a drier texture to standard cheddar due to the maturing process, you may be lucky to discover some calcium crystals which add crunch to the texture.
- Ilchester Double Gloucester – This is a hard cheese with a savory, mellow flavor. You may know it as the famous cheese that is rolled down Coopers Hill annually in May for the UK’s most extreme cheese rolling race!
- Ilchester Red Leicester – Smooth and nutty! Add a splash of color to your cheese board with this traditional English cheese, based on a classic Cheddar recipe.
- Ilchester Aged Red Leicester – This traditional English cheese has been carefully matured for a minimum of 9 months giving it a distinguishable smooth, tangy and nutty taste.
- Mexicana – This cheese combines a fiery mix of bell, jalapeño and chilli peppers, carefully blended with British Cheddar and a secret mix of Mexican spices.
The PDO (protected designation of origin) label is a type of geographical indication that means that a cheese was made in a specific region according to traditional methods.
To be the first to hear everything, pop your details in the form to join the newsletter and be the first to be notified on updates!
I’m also going to be sharing the entire journey on my Instagram and TikTok where I’ll regularly be posting updates, answering questions, as well as sharing competitions and fun facts about the calendar! Be sure to give me a follow to ensure you keep up to speed.
AS FEATURED ON